Welcome to Suita City Libraries
-For Visitors and Users-
- The libraries are free for public use.
- We protect the personal information of library users.
- Feel free to ask the staff if you have any questions.
Items in thelibraries are public property. Please treat them with care.
[Website from mobile phone] http://www.lib.suita.osaka.jp/winj/i/
A library card is necessary to borrow all items at all times.
- Anyone who lives, works or goes to schools in Suita City is eligible to borrow items.
- When you apply for a library card, please provide any documents which staff can confirm your name and address （such as health insurance card, driver's license, student ID card, residence card, or residence certificate） and complete an application form.If you live outside Suita city and go to a company/school in Suita city, please also present any document that verifies your place of work or school.
Regarding the library card
- You can use your library card at any city library and book van in Suita city.
- The validity of the library card is five years. （Your library card must be renewed every five years. At the time of renewal, the staff will verify and update your address and other registered information）.
- Please report any lost library cards or any changes to your personal information （name, address or phone number） at the first available opportunity.
- Please use a self-loan machine when borrowing items, except in the cases of some special items.
Item types and loan period
Maximum number of books you can loan
Books and picture card show
15 items in total
Magazines and manga
Local history resources
Audio/video materials (CDs,cassettes, videotapes, DVDs)
3 items in total
- Items in the libraries are valuable public property.PLEASE NOTE: You will be expected to compensate the library for lost or damaged items.
Procedures to extend loan period
- Please take the required procedure before the loan period expires. You cannot extend the loan period if another member has reserved the item.
- You can borrow for an additional 2 weeks from the day you request the extension. You can extend the loan period only once.· If you come to any of the city libraries with your library card and the items of which loan period you are extending, you can take the required procedure via a self-loan machine.· If you have your own password, you can also extend the loan period via a user's terminal in a library, or via the Internet at home.· When you take the required procedure by phone, please provide your library card number, and reference number or the title of the borrowed item.
Borrowed items can be returned at any of city libraries in Suita city
- You can return the borrowed items at any of the city libraries and book vans. Please use a self-return machine.
- Please return borrowed items via the book drops if you return them out of library hours. Please note that items you have borrowed from a library outside Suita city must be returned to the counter during service hours, not via book drops.Audio/visual material drop for CDs, cassettes, videotapes and DVDs can be returned through item drops at Senri, Senriyama-Saidera called "Chisato", Yamada-Ekimae and Senrioka libraries.
It is possible to reserve materials which are not currently on the shelves.
- You can reserve items via our website, a user's terminal in a library, a reservation form, or phone.
- You can reserve up to 18 items in total: up to 15 items that are books, picture card shows, magazines and/or manga, and up to 3 items that are audio/visual materials.
- We are happy to obtain items which are not in the libraries in Suita city from Osaka prefectural library or the libraries of other neighboring cities if you should request.
- Regarding manga and audio/visual materials, you can reserve only those belonging to a Suita city library.Purchase requests are not accepted （we may be able to obtain some items from other libraries）.
- PLEASE NOTE: you have to receive the reserved items during the designated period. The library card of the person who reserved the items must be presented.
- Feel free to ask librarians if you cannot find items you are looking for.
Advantages for password holders
- To apply for a password, please visit any of the city libraries with your library card and ID （such as a health insurance card, driver's license, student ID card, residence card, or residence certificate）. We will provide an initial password, which will be available in 10 minutes.
- To have a password issued via our website or a user's terminal in a libraryPlease click "My Library" on the screen, and enter your library card number, the phone number you registered when you applied for the library card, and your date of birth in eight digits （e.g. 19850115）. An initial password will be issued.
- You can reserve items belonging to a Suita city library.
- You can confirm the loan and reservation statuses of items.
- You can cancel or change the contents of your reservation.
- You can take the required procedure for loan period extension.
- You can create your own "bookshelf" within "My Library" on the website.You can freely set themes for the bookshelf, such as "books I want to try" or "books on history."
- You can select email as a contact method for receiving notification that your reserved items are available at the library. Please register your email address in advance via the "user information change" page.
- You can receive expiry date notification by email if you like.
- You can make copies of resources belonging to the libraries at cost. Copyrights should be protected.
- We offer various courses and organize story telling sessions for children.
- You can use the Internet terminal for free at any Suita city library for 30 minutes at a time.
- Your library card will be necessary when you use the service.You cannot use it for playing games, chatting, writing on message boards, participating in auctions, or emailing （anything which will send/receive any data）
can use the service for your PC, smartphone or tablet device in the designated areas within the Senri Library, Senriyama-Saidera Library and Yamada-Ekimae Library.
Book-start （the first book for your baby）
Suita City will give your baby a picture book hoping that he or she will grow up with love for books and reading.
- A leaflet about the system will be sent to you from the health center with the medical checkup announcement for your baby.
- You can choose one book from a selection of 5 titles.
- You can receive it at your nearest city library or a book van.
- Please bring your maternity passbook.
- Please collect your book while your baby's age is 4 months to 1 year old.
Please return borrowed items on time
- If any borrowed items have expired for more than 7 days, you are not allowed to do the following unless you return the item.
- You cannot borrow any items.· You cannot reserve any items.
- You cannot borrow any reserved items even if the reservation was successfully made.
- Any reservation will be canceled unless you return the expired items within one week （one week from receipt of the notification regarding arrival of your reserved item）.
- Please renew the circulation span of borrowed items in advance if you cannot return them by the expiry date.
Hours of Service
Thu. & Fri. 10:00a.m.～8:00p.m.
(Open until 6:00p.m, when Thursday/Friday is a national holiday.)
The Reference Room on the second floor of the west wing of Senriyama-Saidera Library
Open until 6:00p.m. even on Thursday and Friday
|New Year holidays: from 28th December until 4th January
The last Thursday of each month(If it is a national holiday, libraries are open but closed the following day.)
Annual stocktaking period is for about 10 days per year at each library.
|Yamada Branch Library
|Kita-Senri Branch Library
Published on February 1, 2016